Four products designed to help grow BIG, healthy tomatoes:
- #3280 Talk of Tomatoes Calcium.
- #3255 Tomato Ripener Fertilizer.
- #3210 Wormgold.
- #3165 Fusion Natural fertilizer
(15% Savings compared to individual purchases)!
What is the secret to growing fantasticÂ tomatoes?
- More Sun Equals More Fruit. Choose your sunniest garden spot, because tomatoes soak up sunshine just like water.
Amend your soil â€“ load it with nutrients! â€“ Tomatoes thrive in rich, well-draining, slightly acidic soil with a pH of 6.5 to 6.8. To determine pH, pick up a soil tester.
- Plant Deeply â€“ Tomatoes will root along their stems. With leggy transplants, dig a trench, add a slow-release fertilizer, and lay the stem sideways, bending gently upward. Snip or pinch off the lower branches and cover with soil up to the first set of leaves. This extra root growth will produce a stronger, more robust plant.
- Companion plant â€“ Basil, garlic and onions are a tomatoâ€™s best friends in the kitchen, and in the garden, too. Grown together, they repel pests
- Juicy tomatoes need water, about an inch a week. A blanket of mulch â€” anything from shredded pine bark to grass clippings and composted leaves â€” will keep the water from evaporating in summerâ€™s heat. Also available â€“ High Yield Tomato Mulch